AirPods are the popular devices people use to get crystal clear and high-quality sound free of noise.
Whether you are using 1st generation, 2nd generation, or 3rd generation AirPods, these are always a versatile choice nowadays.
Furthermore, due to the different brands available in the market, now you can choose the one which is easily compatible with your iPhone or an Android device.
There are a lot of features that make the users stuck on them. Everyone gets stubble once looking upon the AirPods features.
But do you ever know that besides offering clear and exciting sounds, these devices are loaded with a lot of hidden features?
Yes, there are a lot of tips and tricks about AirPods that we mentioned in this article.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 6 AirPods Tips and Tricks
- 1.1 Use one AirPods to Increase Battery Time.
- 1.2 Checking the Battery Time Using AirPods and Case
- 1.3 Make Your AirPods Waterproof
- 1.4 Find Your Lost AirPods
- 1.5 Share Music and Phone Calls with Your Friends Remotely
- 1.6 Set Microphone to One AirPod
- 2 Wrapping Up
Top 6 AirPods Tips and Tricks
Here are the top 6 tips and tricks about AirPods that can help you use them for a long time.
Use one AirPods to Increase Battery Time.
Suppose you are outside of the home where light availability is the biggest issue. AirPods work for 5 hours on average battery hour duration.
However, it may be different for the different brands. Using one AirPods at a time can enhance your battery life.
Hence, instead of 5 hours, you can use a similar AirPods pair for 10 hours and get a crystal clear sound with only one.
On the other hand, if you wear both of the AirPods, even if you are connecting one, then the one’s working automatically connects itself with the 2nd AirPods.
So, wear one and save power, which you might spend to charge these devices several times a day.
Checking the Battery Time Using AirPods and Case
Most people, even those who are experts in using iPhone and AirPods, cannot check the remaining battery time.
Here are some easy and tricky ways to check the battery percentage of your air pod and its case. The first way to check the battery time is to pair your AirPods with an apple watch.
Right after pairing to the watch, a battery icon will appear, touch the icon and battery percentage is on the screen for both the AirPods and the case. Another way is to ask your Siri and check the remaining battery.
To do this, install Siri on your iPhone and speak how much battery is left at my AirPods? Or you can talk about the AirPods battery.
After doing this, you will get the AirPods battery percentage on screen.
Make Your AirPods Waterproof
Most people want to use AirPods while taking a shower as they might need to pick an important call or enjoy their favorite sounds.
Yes, you can use AirPods while taking a shower. You can use a waterproof air case to avoid wetting the AirPods and affecting sound quality.
After wearing a waterproof case, the chances of getting damage reduces by 95%.
Find Your Lost AirPods
Now it’s indeed easy to find if your AirPods are online, and if these are, what their last location is. Hence, you can find your lost AirPods by tracking the last location.
Here is how to check AirPods.
Using your iPhone or Android Device
- Open your iPhone and open find my app apk.
- Several options will appear, check for the devices tab.
- Now select the name of your AirPods, and it will show the last location.
Using Mac, Laptop, or Computer
Here is the procedure to check lost AirPods on any other device rather than one that is handy.
- Open iCloud.com and then go to find the option.
- Now sign in to the cloud with your Apple ID.
- Several devices will appear that you paired with the iPhone.
- Now look at the option for AirPods, press the one which you paired with your iPhone.
- Now check the location and find where your lost AirPods are right now.
Most of the time, we want to share music and calls with friends without the knowledge of the third person on the call.
You must be surprised knowing that now you can avail this facility by using a hidden aspect of AirPods.
If your friend is away or near you, connecting an audio call or sharing a musical sound is very easy.
New Apple phone provides an option to connect wireless Bluetooth to more than one device at a time.
Hence, anytime your friend owns an AirPods pair and wants to connect with your iPhone, it’s straightforward now.
Doing this, you can even play the game together and listen to the same musical live concerts of your favourite star.
Set Microphone to One AirPod
Now you can set a microphone with only one air pod as if you connect one; then there are chances that both the pods connect automatically.
Here is the tricky but straightforward procedure on how you can do it!
- Open the Setting app on your phone and find a Bluetooth option.
- Now an open opportunity appears as My Devices.
- After that, there are many options; ignore all and look for the Microphone option
- Now, look if these are set by default; if these are set by default, you can select the custom.
- By clicking on the custom option, you will get two options, i.e., either you want to connect the right side AirPods, or if you want to join the left side AirPods, set it with one air pod and enjoy a long-life battery in this way.
Hence, these are some tips and tricks you should know specifically if you are an Apple iPhone user. All these options and suggestions made the AirPods more valuable for me.
There are some more tips, but the ones mentioned above are essential to know to handle emergencies in daily life and to enjoy their real usage.
For the latest information and updates, keep reading out the latest blogs.