Last Updated on 4 months by On Trends Gear
The Logitech G920 is quite similar to the PlayStation wheel (G29).
Speaking from experience and studies, the Logitech Driving force wheels aren’t really as technically capable as the Thrustmaster or the Fanatec wheels.
Both wheels are very modular and they have a very direct setup so that makes it much easier for you.
Sadly, they are very expensive and unaffordable to most gamers.
You can decide to use the Fanatec wheels but they cost nothing less than $1000 and that’s so much money for a steering wheel.
That’s also double the cost of an Xbox, it’s crazy when you think about it.
However, you get a lot of performance for the price. While the Logitech G920 gives you a similar performance to the rest, you are going to also get it for a much cheaper price.
That is a very good bargain.
Table of Contents
- 1 Logitech G920 Unboxed What’s Inside?
- 2 Logitech G920 Features & Realistic Driving Experience & Performance:
- 3 Helical Gearing with Anti-Backlash for Control:
- 4 Quick Access to Game Controls:
- 5 Logitech G920 Setup & Accessories:
- 6 Logitech G920 Setup & Installation:
- 7 Logitech G920 Pros – What I like about Logitech G920:
- 8 Logitech G920 Cons – What I dislike about Logitech G920:
- 9 Logitech G920 vs Thrustmaster TMX With T3PA Pedals Compared That Might be Helpful.
- 10 Conclusion:
Logitech G920 Unboxed What’s Inside?
The Logitech G920 consists of 4 main parts:
- Racing wheel
- Pedal unit
- Power adapter
- User documentation
Logitech G920 Features & Realistic Driving Experience & Performance:
The Logitech G920 driving force racing wheel gives you a realistic and quality racing experience and this is due to its features:
1. The G920 has a 10.24″ racing wheel which is covered with completely hand-stitched leather.
The wheel can rotate 900 degrees and it also features dual-motor feedback which gives you a realistic driving experience, this is priceless.
2. You also get a 3-pedal set consisting of the throttle, the brakes and the clutch pad.
They are used to accelerate, brake or change gears with the realistic feeling of driving a real car.
As I mentioned, the G920 is very concerned with giving you that real-life experience and the brake pedals also have a pressure-sensitive system to create a more accurate braking feel.
3. The driving wheels are compatible with different devices like Microsoft Xbox one and windows pcs.
Helical Gearing with Anti-Backlash for Control:
These gears are created after gears that are mostly used in automotive transmissions to cause a reduction in noise and vibrations.
The anti-backlash helps you keep the pedals tight so you can have total control over the wheel.
The G920 also uses magnetic fields to determine the position of the wheel.
Quick Access to Game Controls:
You can access the game controls without stress as you can use the D-pad, paddle shifters and other buttons which are close to the G920.
Built-in clamps to help you securely mount your G920 on your table securely.
Logitech G920 Setup & Accessories:
While the Logitech is perfect for Xbox one and PC players, there is a small collection of useful accessories, add-ons and replacement parts.
you can enhance your racing experience and make sure that you get the absolute best out of racing with the Logitech G920.
Here are a few accessories we recommend for you:
- The sim racing shifter for G29 and G920 Driving Force Racing Wheels: Adds realistic...
- Built to last: Durable solid steel gear shifter and hand stitched leather boot and...
Most racing games prefer to shift gears the traditional way rather than the button already installed in the wheel.
To achieve this, you would need to get the Logitech G gaming driving force shifter.
It is a very stylish and sturdy gear shirt which can be hooked to your racing rig quite easily and it is very essential for anyone who’s trying to achieve a realistic driving experience.
- COMPATIBILITY: This is a universally designed steering wheel stand which fits most...
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: The GT Omega Steering Wheel stand has a wide range of height...
Although the G920 and the gear shirt already come with clamps, most people still prefer to have a particular stamp for their racing setup.
The wheel stands pro G is very efficient for this purpose as it was designed solely for all Logitech racing wheels, including the G920 obviously.
The stand is very durable and it is adjustable too which makes it a very good fit for any kind of player, especially those who don’t like to clamp their wheels to a surface.
- Gaming Chair - This sturdy and adjustable simulator cockpit will give your gaming...
- Compatibility - Universal design fits most racing wheels on the market, including...
The racing chair is further used to provide that real racing feeling we all crave.
The Plays eat evolution racing chair is arguably the best and most convenient accessory for the Logitech G920.
It uses a chair which is made from the same material which is used in real racing vehicles and it also has a stand for the pedals, wheels, and the stick shift.
This chair is a really really good addition for any racer.
T-Power AC Adapter Power Supply:
- T-Power Made with the Highest Quality / Brand-new Input Voltage Range: AC 100V - 240V
- T-Power ac adapters are made with the highest quality materials tested by...
Sometimes you may need an external power supply as the Ac adapter power brick connected to your wheel may die out or get broken over time.
You can make use of the T-power Ac adapter as it has been designed to work with the G920.
- 10FT PERFECT LENGTH: With the perfect 10ft length, you can play the game freely ,or...
- REINFORCED SR CABLE JOINT:AINOPE USB 3.0 extension cable with test of 20,000+ bend,...
Sometimes the USB connection cord that you are given with the G920 doesn’t really fit as sometimes it’s not long enough to connect your Xbox or pc to exactly where you want to play.
If that’s the case, you can make use of another USB extension cable to give you the very distance you need.
The UGREEN extension cable can give you all the distance you want as it has options for either 3 feet or 6 feet.
It’s much advisable to go for the longer one though as they’re not very far in valuation.
Logitech G920 Setup & Installation:
To install the Logitech G920 racing wheel, attach the power adapter and the USB cables.
Each time your racing wheel connects to your system, it is going to fully rotate from side to side and then to the centre to calibrate.
Your wheel is completely set up once this calibration is complete. It’s that simple.
Logitech G920 Pros – What I like about Logitech G920:
They are lots of advantages to using the Logitech G920 for all the lovers of driving games.
The Professionally constructed steering wheel also gives it an edge. Here are some advantages to making use of the Logitech G920 driving wheel:
The steering of the Logitech G920 is just superb. It is one of the best parts of the product as a whole.
It is super close to driving an actual vehicle, actually, you wouldn’t even know the difference.
A lot of work was put in to ensure that you get a smooth experience when making use of the Logitech G920 steering.
It is very easy to shift to the next gear, and this is due to the design created by the Logitech G920.
They are committed to making everything easy for you.
It is also helpful to those who haven’t used a real Gearstick so they can learn all about it before having their first real driving experience.
- This is the most stand-out part of this racing wheel.
- It is so natural and very similar to real vehicles.
- You can literally feel every sensation even when you make a turn.
- This is incredible progress and it enhances the experience of all gamers around the world.
Logitech G920 Cons – What I dislike about Logitech G920:
- it’s a bit hard to turn left and right.
- It doesn’t come with a real shifter, just a button.
- The brake pads aren’t all that easy to push.
Logitech G920 vs Thrustmaster TMX With T3PA Pedals Compared That Might be Helpful.
I compared both and I just can’t have the same very good lap time when I use my G920 on Assetto Corsa Competizione and FH5. every race is better with the TMX.
The Shifters on the G920 have too much gap and lack responsiveness compared to my TMX.
The Pedal on the G920 is crap even with the MOD and is too close between each other and the wheel is too sensitive and it takes a while for every game to have a good setting.
Ok the Smoothness on the G920 is better but this is it. the pedals scrap all the experiences
If you are more familiar with racing games or you’re a pro, it’s more advisable that you make use of the Logitech G920 as it is very smooth and gives you a feeling of the real deal.
Logitech G920 FAQ
Yes, You can use the Logitech G920 with a windows pc.
You can definitely set it up to fit whatever size is comfortable for you.
It’s only compatible with the PlayStation 4 and PC but we need a ps4 or ps5 controller. So we need this driver to act like a ps5 controller so you’re going to download and install it.
This uses the 64-bit setup. And then we’re going to use this VDX.
Yes, you can make use of a clutch pedal without a shifter. For most games.
The Logitech G920 is a very excellent wheel and is definitely worth its price tag.
You have to get used to the pedals though as some people have a hard time finding the right and correct settings.
It also has exciting feedback which helps your racing and gives you an advantage.
If you are a fan of racing games, you should definitely check out the Logitech Driving force G920 wheel today.
Last update on 2021-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API